Green Weighted Blanket
The use of weighted blankets has been scientifically proven to result in deeper sleep cycles. Beyond the sleep benefit, the gentle weight on your body can also help lower stress hormone levels in your body.
This happens because the evenly distributed weight on your body stimulates the production of serotonin (the happy hormone), reduces cortisol (the stress hormone) and increases melatonin levels that can help you fall (and stay) asleep better.
Our green weighted blanket provides the comfort you need to sleep more deeply and wake feeling refreshed.
Available green weighted blankets:
The Cotton Napper:
This buttery soft and breathable organic cotton weighted blanket is our best-seller and can be used all-year round.
The Velvet Napper:
This soft, luxurious eco-velvet weighted blanket is our coziest option and is perfect for snuggling up in style.
The Tree Napper:
This soft, This sustainable cooling weighted blanket is made from natural eucalyptus fibers and is perfect for hot sleepers.
All of our green weighted blankets are Fairtrade International certified, naturally breathable, pre-washed and ready to help you sleep better and feel calmer.
About the Cotton Napper:
- MADE IN GREEN by OEKO-TEX®
- 15, 20 & 25 lbs: 95% Organic cotton, 5% Spandex.
- Organic cotton is made without chemicals, pesticides, or synthetics
- 90% less water used compared to conventional farming
About the Velvet Napper:
- STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®
- Our quality upcycled eco-velvet is spun and brushed into a smooth signature fabric with a luminous finish.
- 100% recycled polyester: 900 plastic bottles will be prevented from polluting our oceans thanks to the velvet napper
About the Tree Napper:
- Made from natural eucalyptus fibers, TENCEL™ Lyocell is silky soft, with a lustrous sheen and smooth, cool-to-the-touch feel.
- TENCEL™ wicks away moisture which makes it perfect for hot sleepers. Using no irrigation or chemical fertilizers, TENCEL™ is 100% biodegradable and one of the most sustainable fabrics on earth. It’s more absorbent than cotton, softer than silk and cooler than linen.
- MADE IN GREEN by OEKO-TEX® and Fairtrade International certified (48% Tencel, 47% organic cotton and 5% Spandex)
We recommend dry cleaning your Velvet Napper to ensure it stays wonderfully soft and in tip-top shape for many naps to come!
As for your Cotton Napper & Tree Napper, wash it separately in cold water, on a delicate or permanent-press cycle, using mild or eco-friendly detergent. Tumble dry on low.
Avoid fabric softeners or bleach.
Note: your Napper may take more than one cycle to be fully dried. Avoid hanging your Napper to dry – it'll stretch out its lovely loops. Avoid top-loading washing and drying machines.
Your Napper comes with a natural cotton dust bag that makes it easy to store, wash, or take along.
Learn more: How to wash your Bearaby knitted weighted blanket.
Our green weighted blankets are designed for single-person use and come in four different weight and size variations:
- 15 lbs - 40" x 72"
- 20 lbs - 45" x 72"
- 25 lbs - 48" x 72"
Choose a blanket that will be roughly 10% of your body weight (i.e 150lb body weight = 15lb Napper).
If you're between weights, we recommend you go with the higher weight category (i.e 170lb body weight is best-suited to a 20lb Napper).
Love my Tree Napper!
The Rosemary color is awesome! With my Napper I don’t toss and turn as much so I can sleep all night.
Love my green Napper!
It is both gorgeous and functional. My foster kitten, Cedar, is also a huge fan!
#1 Weighted Blanket
It is the best weighted blanket I have ever had! I chose the Rosemary colour and I love the colour.
How it helps
Benefits of our green weighted blankets
Our chunky-knit green weighted blanket is full of incredible, scientifically proven benefits for both you and the environment. Perfectly weighted with layer upon layer of soft, sustainable material to provide calming comfort.
for natural, deep
Perfect for all
What our customers say
Frequently Asked Questions
How do weighted blankets work?
Science shows that sleeping under weight improves sleep quality, lowers stress, and eases anxiety – and when those things are better, everything’s better!
Here’s a breakdown of the science that lies underneath our cozy and calming Nappers:
- Activates the effects of Deep Touch Pressure (DTP)
- Increases serotonin to make you feel happier and more content
- Increases melatonin to lull you into blissful slumber
- Decreases cortisol to help reduce anxiety and stress
- Mimics the effects of ‘grounding’ or ‘earthing’
- Mimics the sensation of a warm hug
If you’re looking for more information, read our deep-dive into how weighted blankets work.
What’s the difference between a Cotton Napper, Velvet Napper and a Tree Napper?
The Cotton Napper is made of organic cotton material. The Velvet Napper is hand-knitted from upcycled eco-velvet fabric. The Tree Napper is made from natural eucalyptus fibers that’s cooling to the touch.
Our Cotton Napper is naturally breathable and can be used all year round. Our Velvet Napper is a snugglier option and ideal for those who easily feel cold at night. Our Tree Napper is our cooling option that’s perfect for the summer and ideal for those who run hot at night.
What shipping options do you offer for Canada?
If you’re based in Canada, or you are shipping to Canada, you can enjoy free shipping and easy returns on all of our weighted blankets when you order at www.bearaby.ca.
Do you ship internationally?
We only sell and ship our weighted blankets within the US at the moment. If you would like to ship to Canada, we offer our free shipping and hassle-free returns for all our weighted blankets when ordered through www.bearaby.ca.
Our trusted retail partners, Nordstrom, ships our Cotton Napper internationally.