Science shows that sleeping under weight improves sleep quality, lowers stress, and eases anxiety – and when those things are better, everything’s better!
Here’s a breakdown of the science that lies underneath our cozy and calming Nappers:
- Activates the effects of Deep Touch Pressure (DTP)
- Increases serotonin to make you feel happier and more content
- Increases melatonin to lull you into blissful slumber
- Decreases cortisol to help reduce anxiety and stress
- Mimics the effects of ‘grounding’ or ‘earthing’
- Mimics the sensation of a warm hug
If you’re looking for more information, read our deep-dive into how do weighted blankets work.