Science shows that sleeping under weight improves sleep cycles, lowers stress and worry, and increases happiness. Here’s the rundown of a weighted blanket can do:
- Delivers deep touch pressure evenly distributed on the body that mimics the sensation of being hugged.
- Improves sleep by increasing serotonin, the main chemical in the brain that regulates sleep, relaxation, and mood.
- Reduces stress by increasing melatonin, cueing the body to rest and relax.
- Promotes happiness by decreasing cortisol, which reduces sleep dysfunction, pain, and stress.
But don’t just take our word for it! Read what scientists and researchers have to say:
- Exploring the Safety and Therapeutic Effects of Deep Pressure Stimulation Using a Weighted Blanket.
- Positive Effects of a Weighted Blanket on Insomnia.
- The Biological Effects of Grounding the Human Body During Sleep.
- Physiological Effects of Deep Touch Pressure on Anxiety Alleviation: The Weighted Blanket Approach.